Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Happy Birthday to You!"

Today was Samantha's sixth birthday. It's hard to believe she's been part of our family for 6 years already. She is happy and sweet, loves to help her sister and parents, remembers all sorts of things that surprise us, is curious, funny, has an impressive vocabulary, and is a wonderful friend. She is sensitive, beautiful, and gives the best hugs. I love to hear her say that she loves me and it brightens my day to see her smile. Happy birthday, Sweetheart!

Sam wanted a puppy cake for her birthday. So this is what she got. I didn't show her how it turned out until it was time for the cake. On our way home, I told her it didn't turn out looking much like a dog and kind of looked like a tractor. Why a tractor? First random thought that popped into my head. She even told me it was okay, that maybe a tractor would be alright. Cute.

Sam asked for a bike. Matt came through and wheeled out this beauty with balloons tied to the handlebars. Sam jumped right on it, gave her daddy a hug and said, "Best birthday ever!" Go, Dadddy, go!

Happy birthday, Samantha!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute, Jen... as always. :O)

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

as usual, AMAZING cake! Go Jenny! I can't believe she's already 6! Wow. That's just crazy! Hope all is well.. think of you A LOT!

Linda said...

Glad that we got to see Sam's cake and her sitting on her bike. We hope she will be riding like a pro by the time we see you.

lollisa said...

Jenny, that cake is simply amazing. I don't know how you do it! Happy Birthday to Sam--those six years went way fast. We'd love to see you guys soon!!